Here is everything you need to know for promoting National Volunteer Week (NVW), 17 – 23 June 2018. We would love media coverage for this year’s campaign, as volunteers in New Zealand make such an impact and it would be great to acknowledge and promote them.
National Volunteer Week Context:
This is a wonderful time for volunteers to be celebrated and an excellent opportunity to thank all those that volunteer in our communities every year!
The NVW 2018 theme is Volunteers, The Heart of our Community – By many, the work will be completed, Mā tini, mā mano, ka rapa te whai.
- Produce a feature story about NVW – This could be a profile about a volunteer and/or group or a broader piece thanking and acknowledging Volunteers in New Zealand
- Share NVW content on social media – Tag #NVW2018
- Other – create your own campaign!
Volunteer Statistics and Resources:
- Download the Resource Guide
- “1.2 million people volunteer in New Zealand every year”
- For regional volunteer statistics check out StatsNZ’s link below
- Click on the Excel document Volunteering and donations by New Zealanders in 2016 – tables
Sample Promotional Text:
National Volunteer Week celebrates the 1.2 million Kiwis who volunteer in our communities every year. The theme for 2018: Volunteers, The Heart of our Community – By many, the work will be completed, Mā tini, mā mano, ka rapa te whai, captures the essence of the volunteering spirit and the essential link between volunteers and the communities who benefit from their generosity. The event will run from June 17-23, 2018.
National Volunteer Week Social Media:
Connect to our channels now, and tag us when you post content or images:
We appreciate any support of this year’s campaign. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you need any assistance.